Who we are
In order to improve, aid, and encourage competency in the art and practice of falconry among interested persons, we associate ourselves as a non-profit organization, known as the Alaska Falconers Association (AFA).
Our purpose is to
- Provide communication among and to all members
- Promote the scientific study of the raptorial species, their care, welfare, and training
- Promote conservation of the birds of prey and an appreciation for their value in nature and in wildlife conservation programs
- Urge recognition of falconry as a legal field sport
- Establish traditions which will aid, perpetuate and further the welfare of falconry and the raptors it employs